A pal was glancing at my facebook photos and said, “wow, you really don’t have any black friends, do you?”
I got the feeling that he doubted the verisimilitude of my blog presence.
He was soundly corrected, but he did get me thinking. Maybe it is time I added another of color friend to join me around the wassail bowl this winter.
I was convinced this was the case this weekend when I shot a little short film that had a fairly large call for blacktors. It was actually kind of nice to reminisce about exactly which season of The Cosby Show had that weird-ass Calypso opening.
So, I need a new black friend. And thankfully, there’s an app for that.
An application that is.
Please pass this along to anyone you think might qualify. Or, if you’re of color, fill it out yourself. The winning friend and I will share Quiche recipes, swap Boxing Day memories and carpool to this year’s Dicken’s fair.
Bonus points goes to the referer of my new friend. If you refer a friend to me and s/he becomes the chosen one, you will receive a personalized anglo-tastic mix CD courtesy of yours truly!
The application is at the link below. Please email answers to email@example.com.
The link for the Black Friend Application is here for easy downloading and printing, or you can see the questions here:
The Oreo Experience Black Friend Application
1. Jack and Jill is
a) a nursery rhyme
b) an unfortunate name for twins
c) potentially helpful, but should only be approached indirectly
2) It’s Sunday afternoon. Are you most likely to be:
a) sipping cocktails at the yacht club
b) standing on line for a J. Crew fire sale
c) suiting up for an AKC training event
d) slathering on the sunscreen—just in case
3) Sex : Use Protection as Cornrows :
c) Weep softly into your pillow
1. At what age and under what circumstances did you get your first relaxer?
1A. Did that relaxer hurt: (circle one)
Hurt? I’m not tender-headed!
2. Which HBCU makes you the most uncomfortable and why? (Bonus point will be award to your score if you do not know what HBCU stands for)
3. If your life had a soundtrack, which Broadway opening number would be yours and why?
4) Which character do you most relate to and why>
5) Have you ever cheated on the paper bag test? (If so, please describe method of cheating and any provide any tips).
6) And seriously, can you explain this?