Happy Ash Wednesday!
If in your Oreodom, you have chosen a faith, it should have been one that smacks of Europe and has a nice Scandinavian Christ on the wall to show you what perfection looks like.
I myself am a practicing Anglican and use Ash Wednesday as a chance to further the Oreo cause.
During Lent, most people give up a typical vice like soda, smoking or sex. But choose your Lenten sacrifice just right and it can help offset the fact that your ashes blend in unfortunately with your skintone.
If you’re worried that your Lenten season won’t be one befitting an Oreo, use one of these phrases when asked about it and you’ll be on the right path.
- “I’m giving up my season tickets to the Ahmanson and donating them to a non-profit. I mean, I love my Forever Plaid, but Lord knows I’ve seen it enough times.”
- “Giving up meat doesn’t bother me so much. I went vegan after that summer at the ashram.”
- “Chapel was lovely, but it was nothing like when I got to do a Rite I service during my cathedral tour in Germany.”
- “I kind of like fasting, it reminds me of The Road to Wellville”
- “I swear I’ll make it these 40 days without my Vicar of Dibley! It’ll be rough, but chin up, stiff upper lip, I’ll muddle through.”
Don’t think of the season as a time to go without, but as a time that clears up some headspace for enjoying the reward later. Besides, think how great those plush theater seats will feel and how refreshing Dawn French will be after a moon and a half without.