Teasing from TeasersDecember 9, 2010
Let’s take a look at what’s opening this weekend and see what we learn about how much more fun it is to not be an RBP (click here for definition).
The Chronicles of Narnia – Voyage of the Dawen Treader: The wardrobe kids are at it again
- Stuff White People Seem Do In This Movie - join the military, reprimand their brothers, fell out of place in the real world, nearly drown in a painting, sail beautiful ships, look like Keanu Reeves, be evil, be good, dream of what could be.
- Stuff Black People Seem Do In This Movie - Do not appear. And I guess that makes sense. There probably weren’t a ton of people in that era of that part of England. You know, the era where paintings came to life and kids were besties with lions.
The Tourist – Europe is Sexy and Dangerous and Sexy!
- Stuff White People Seem To Do In This Movie - have sexy affairs, wear sexy dresses, wear sexy suits, have sexy accents, drive sexy boats, flutter their sexy bedroom eyes, get caught up in sexy adventures of mistaken identity.
Stuff Black People Seem To Do In This Movie –
I guess it’s to be somewhat expected. I mean, people tend to make movies about themselves, starring themselves. The Tourist director, Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck is German, so it makes sense that he’d make a movie about vaguely British people played by Americans with affected accents.
The Fighter – Marky Mark and Christian Bale – effing tough and effing hot.
- Stuff White People Seem To Do In This Movie – joke around with their siblings, box, train hard, have daughters, have difficult families, have dreams, train boxers, work in bars, insult women, defend women, lose the fight, lose hope, make sports deals, turn their backs on their families, go to jail, reconcile with their families, triumph.
- Stuff Black People Seem To Do In This Movie - pose an intimidating threat, beat the shit out of the hero, get beaten by the hero, work in jail.
The Tempest – Oh, Julie Taymor with your eccentricities
- Stuff White People Seem To Do In This Movie – conjure storms and fire, sail ships, be spirits, fall in love, perform
Christopher Marlowe’sShakespeare’s comedy, take revenge, make potions, turn into birds, dress in drag, enjoy a little homoeroticism, dance like nobody’s watching.
- Stuff Black People Seem To Do In This Movie – I’m not sure exactly, but he seems to be giving advice or having a mud bath go terribly wrong.
Hmmm, maybe I should add “actor” to the list of jobs that it’s cool for an Oreo to have.
Seeing anything this weekend? What’ll it be?
Also, not to be a bad Oreo, but the last time I read Shakespeare, it kind of made my head explode. I remember it being so easy in high school. What happened? (Though I make up for it a bit in this video.) When I go back and check out The Scarlet Letter, will I be equally as surprised at how not-easy it is to skim through?